Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Gardening Class

Wednesday, January 19th
In the Relief Society Room @ 7pm
**Husbands ARE invited**

Clark Spilker, who is our local garden expert, is going to be giving us a good lesson on how to get our gardens going.  It is going to be a lot of fun and I know that I can use all the help I can get.

I have a website that I have found useful.  It is called the Prudent Homemaker.  This is the website of a lady in Las Vegas so she has about our same climate.  Her yard is beautiful and almost all of her landscaping is edible.  Here is a little look at her edible back yard.
She has made her small lot in Las Vegas very useful.  I know I always complain that I don't have enough room for a garden, but it can just be our landscaping and it is beautiful.  She has all of this on a lot that is .24 acres.  So none of us have an excuse that we don't have room for a garden.  Take a look at her website for good ideas for recipes that use all ingredients from your garden.  She also has good info on food storage and how to store what you have grown so it all doesn't go to waste.  It is a good website to get you excited for this upcoming class.  It will hopefully give you some questions to ask Clark Spilker when we have the class.  Just thinking about it gets me all excited for spring!!!  Click here to go to The Prudent Homemaker website.

No comments: